Weekend Review: The 36th Birthday and Five day Weekend Edition


Last week, y'all...Yuck. It was bananas. Fortunately, I had already made arrangements to be off Friday so I thankfully escaped the Friday craziness. And I've been told it was Ca-RAAAAzy.



I was actually off Friday through yesterday. I'm one of those slackers who takes off for her birthday. haha
  


Actually, I took off Friday because Sis1 and Emmy were coming Thursday night to spend most of the weekend. We spent Friday playing, shopping and eating. We took the kids out for lunch and then the three old ladies went out for supper Friday night. Three steaks, medium well, please! ;-)


Saturday was my birthday "party" which mostly just means my birthday was the excuse to get everyone to the folks' house to eat BBQ and cake. I did get presents, though, so there's that.
 

Unfortunately, it rained almost all day Saturday. We'd planned on going fishing Saturday morning and spending most of the day doing fun outdoors things. But, rain. Blah! No fishing. No outdoors nothing. Three kids and eight adults all cooped up in my parents tiny house. It was still fun, though.



Sunday after church, the folks took me out for pizza and we scarfed buffet pizza and cinnamon sticks like it was our JOB. Like, for real. The rest of the day was me and the Devil Pup at home on the couch asleep. I put a DVD in, stretched out on the couch and I was OUT. I woke up two hours later with indigestion. Super fun.



Monday was my actual birthday so I spent the day with Sis2 and Ethan. She cooked me an delicious lunch and a scrumptious dessert. Ethan and I played twenty rounds of tic-tac-toe--he beat me. A lot. I think I won maybe twice? We also "watched" a movie which basically means Ethan put on How to Train Your Dragon, II and then played with his HTTYD toys while fussing at Sis2 and me for not paying attention to the movie.



When we finally got Alyssa home from school, she and I played a few games of tic-tac-toe--she beat me. A lot. I suck at tic-tac-toe. We also at the pretzels from the goodie box Sis2 gave me for my birthday present. She kept wanting me to go outside, but it was warm and humid out and I am lazy. I know. I am a terrible aunt.



When I finally got home, I fixed myself a delicious supper of sautéed shrimp and mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives before sobbing through the season finale of Chasing Life. It's an ABC Family series about a young 20-something who is battling leukemia. Things did not go well for April in the finale. 



Yesterday I blissfully spent the day at home alone. It was a gorgeous spring day out so I threw all the windows open, turned the ceiling fan on and vegged on the couch through the Pretty Little Liars mini-marathon. We were supposed to get the big reveal on who the secret bad guy, "A", is. Been waiting FIVE YEARS for this. And...Ugh. What a let down. I wasn't thrilled. And from what I gathered from social media afterwards, not many people were. Oh well. Maybe the summer season will satisfy all my angsty questions. haha



So yeah, I've had a great five day weekend to make up for all the CRAP I had to put up with last week. But now it's back to the grindstone. Not sure what the next three days has in store for me, but I'm seriously praying it's decidedly quieter than the past three weeks.



Here's to hoping!

Comments

Aunt B said…
Five day weekends are the best!!! Belated birthday wishes. I hope you have a really great year :-)
Jana said…
Thanks, Aunt B. :)
Heather said…
Glad you had a good birthday week, even if it did pour rain on Saturday. We would love a pouring rain up here. We had some light stuff overnight and this morning, but it did not amount to much. Guess on the bright side we're not California, LOL.

Have not yet seen HTTYD2, and BTW - a friend of mine also takes her birthday week off. We had dinner at the Gritty with a couple other friends Monday night, and are getting together for a Final Four party Saturday. GO BADGERS! ☺
Jana said…
I just said yesterday that I wasn't going to complain about rain anymore because of poor California. lol

Go Badgers!

Our bball team bombed out way early this year. Fired our coach and everything. bleh

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today