Weekend Review: The Hangin' with My Kids Edition
Saturday was not my typical shopping and Sonic and home all day routine. Sis2 and I had planned to take the girl to see Cinderella but the kids wanted me to come play first. So I went to play.
The girl did my hair up with a purple braid to match my shirt. She, as you can see, wore pink.
The boy told me I needed to get my brain going. Touché, sweet boy. Touché.
But we had fun.
The girl enjoyed Cinderella, I think. But her FAVORITE part...the part she couldn't stop talking about...was the Frozen Fever short that preceded Cinderella. It was a pretty cute short. Gives me hope that the sequel they've announced won't suck, as sequels are known to do.
We also treated the girl to a happy meal because she wanted the Barbie toy. Girl after my own heart, she is. But we also had fun playing with the light up table they installed when they remodled. It doesn't take much to amuse us, apparently.
I got home around 5:30 or so, I think. Came home to a dark and powerless house. The electricity had gone out at some point while I was gone and it did not come back on until around 9:30. I read by lantern light. Supa fun.
I wasn't quite sure what church I'd end up at on Sunday. I'm still searching for a new church home. I'd prayed and thought about it but never could come up with a clear answer. So I just drove to town and said, "Lead me."
I drove past one of the churches I'd looked up on line and had intended to try but, well, it didn't seem inviting at all. It is apparently a former candle factory metal building with dingy drapes covering al the windows. And while I know you can worship anywhere, it just did not say, "Welcome! Come worship with us!" It said, "Cult. Your family will never see you again." So I just turned around and headed back up the street. I ended up landing at my sister's church and I'm glad I did. The boy had told me the day before he wanted me to come to his church and I didn't really think anything of it. But he remembered and since he is apparently the master of me (according to him, anyway--he has said so) he expected me to be there. So I'm glad I wasn't drawn into the sad cult looking church. Both kids mauled me with hugs as though they hadn't just seen me the day before and the boy snuggled in my lap for most of the service.
After church I made a quick grocery run, picked up some lunch and headed home. I was home by 2, snuggled in with Libby and watched another disc of Reign. That is, until the lights went out again. Fortunately they were only out for about an hour this time. I was about to get mad if I missed Once Upon a Time. haha
I then proceeded to finish reading the book I'd started Saturday night. Stayed up until nearly 11:00. I can feeeeel the error in my sleep deprived and weary eyes. Doesn't help that I have been RUNNING since I got here this morning.
But. I am finished running for the day. Thank the Lord.
All in all, a good--if exhausting--weekend. Anytime I get to spend time with the kiddos is a good time. :-)






Comments