May Fishing Saturday

I didn't catch a darn thing but the kids caught about four or five each and Goofus caught three. We all had a blast, though. 

Efan and his dad simultaneously caught bass. Most excitement of the day. Mostly because Efan was  holding his dad's rod and reel for him with Goofus was fixing something on Efan's when Efan yelled out, "You got one, Daddy!" and started trying to hand Goofus the rod. Goofus cast Efan's rod, they switched places and immediately Efan yelled, "I got one!" and they reeled them in at the same time. After that we all wanted Efan to touch or rod and reel. ;-)


Lyssa had started to despair of ever catching a fish. Efan had already caught about four and she hadn't caught any.  This one was the first of four or five for her. (We lost count.)


Bobo was always and forever having to untangle a line, bait a hook or help show how to cast. Needless to say, he didn't get much of his own fishing done.
 
The three of us walked back to the house from the pond and I thought this was too sweet to not capture.




Comments

Heather said…
Fishing season opened here this weekend, and there were a TON of boats out on the local lakes. That last photo is sweet.
Jana said…
I'm glad we have that little pond to fish at. No crowds, not boats. Just us, the water, the fish and the ticks. haha

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today