Staycation 2015 Highlights Pt. 1:Home maintenance and Libby's Birthday

I'd been planning my annual summer staycation for a while, intending to take off June 25-Jul 3. My A/C unit had other plans. It quit working on the 22nd so I was off on the 24th getting that fixed to the tune of a hundred and twenty smack-a-roos. Sooooo, not what I wanted to spend my monies on but what can you do? You own a house, you put out the big bucks every now and then.

So that taken care of, I spent most of Thursday holding down the couch and keeping the back of my eyelids rested. I haven't felt good in a really long time. Between a long bout of depression, a disaster of a foot ailment (plantar faci-whatever-it-is) and the stress at work, I have been exhausted in every way imaginable. So yes. Thursday, my first official day of stay-cation, I was a complete slug. No apologies.

Friday was a big day. In my life, at least. My fluffy baby turned NINE. I usually do make her some carrot cake cupcakes but I DON'T usually throw her a full on party. This year, though, I did. Not because she cared, of course, but just because I knew it would be something fun for the kids and because why the heck shouldn't I celebrate the closest thing to a child I'll ever have? So I baked cupcakes (carrot for her, chocolate for everyone else) and made homemade pizzas for lunch. Sis2 and the kids all came out and Daddy came over and it was really a lot of fun.

Lunch!

Happy Birthday to Libby!


She really enjoyed having a whole cupcake to herself. And yes, I purchased birthday plates for her.
The cashier at Wal-Mart asked me who was having a birthday and before I could respond she said, "Not the dog, I hope." So of COURSE I lied and said no. lol Nosy, judgmental cashier. ;-)

Snuggle times with her fave aunt.
Friday night, post party was a rare treat. Sis2 actually spent the night at my house while the kids stayed with Nana and Bobo. It's the first time Efan has spent the night with them because he's so attached to his Mama. But because she was just down the road from them, he was alright with it and they had a blast. Meanwhile, Libs thoroughly enjoyed some prime snuggle time with her favorite aunt and we had fun talking and watching a movie.

How did we manage this? Well, unfortunately, Goofus's mom had to have stints put in her heart valves so Goofus was at the hospital with her. I say unfortunately because, you know, I don't wish health problems on anyone. But it was fortunate for US because otherwise, Sis2 would have never had the opportunity to have a sleepover with me and Libs and Efan never would have been brave enough to have a sleepover with Nana and Bobo.

The next day, we goofed around the house in our pj's all morning before meeting the grandparents and kiddos for lunch in town. Basically, none of us had any groceries so we met up in town at Wendy's which is something else we rarely get to do when Goofus is around. And  because we had such a rare opportunity and really good babysitters, Sis2 and I went antiquing after lunch. We haven't gotten to do that since she got married. She's been married for TEN YEARS,  ya'll. And this is the first time in those ten years that we've gotten to go off antiquing around town on our own. We didn't actually buy any antiques but the hunt is what's fun, anyway.

The clock did eventually strike midnight, tho, and she had to go home. Goofus's mom got to check out of the hospital late Saturday afternoon so he was coming home that night. All good things must come to an end, I guess.

Sunday I went to the church they attend and then went out to lunch with them at Lyssa's insistence. Apparently, they had already planned on eating Mexican and before anyone could stop her, Lyssa invited me to tag along. I know Sis2 didn't mind but I think Goofus was a little put out that I intruded. But Goofus can kiss where I can't and I don't mean my elbow! ;-)

I went off on my own after lunch and went to the theater to see Spy. And ya'll...I almost had the entire theater to myself. There was only six other people in  there so I got to pick my perfect spot and sprawl out however I wanted to. It. Was. AMAZING!!! And on top of that, the movie was really great, too. I generally enjoy Melissa McCarthy anyway but I do believe that this is my favorite of her movies. Plus, Jason Statham. 'Nuff said. haha

After Sunday I pretty much held down the couch or the loveseat or the recliner for the next two days watching really bad daytime television and harassing people on Facebook. Or rather, AVOIDING certain people on Facebook. Social media has not been a happy place to be in the past couple of weeks. If you can't figure out why, you must have been living under a rock and in that event, I won't drag you down in the details.

Anyway, next up: Daddy's Birthday Edition!

Comments

Heather said…
Sounds like you had some much-needed down time. Glad you like the movie, though I personally cannot stand MM's movies.
Jana said…
Yeah, she's an acquired taste. haha

I know this is going to sound weird but...I mostly love the hilarious way she has with using curse words/phrases. I normally don't care for foul language but the way she uses it tickles my funny bone. Weird, right? lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today