Friday Thoughts

I've had a few rough days this week. Days when I felt overwhelmed and even a little hopeless. There's so much going on at work...so much I'm responsible for getting done, largely on my own and it's so daunting. I went home Monday night and just had a long and tear stained talk with Jesus about it and he reassured me with some scriptures while I was reading my nightly devotion. Funny how frequently He seems to work it out that way for me.



Now, I can't say that I'm not still a little overwhelmed but I am at least comforted. I try to keep  these verses in mind whenever I feel hopelessly overwhelmed and it does help to alleviate a lot of that stress.

Along with all the work stress comes home stress. I knew when I bought my house that eventually there would be some maintenance things that I'd have to take care of on my own dime. Well, my friends, that time is quickly approaching. Thankfully it took six years for it to get serious so can't really complain. The field line of my septic tank is gradually starting to fail worse and worse which means a lot of money will need to be spent to repair/replace it. In the meantime, I've got this yucky patch of gross that's slowly creeping up my back yard. My roof is also looking a little dire. It's a sixteen year old roof so it's lasted a fair amount of time but I'm really hoping to get a couple more years out of it. Not sure if I'm gonna make it, though.

I did form a money saving plan that would help me be able to pay for at least one of these things--whichever becomes the worst first. This plan will also help me with my waistline. I split my "eating out/coffee/Saturday breakfast budget in half and will hafta make it stretch. I needed to cut back on my eating out anyway for my health so if I can save half of the ridiculous amount of money I've been spending on take out, I will be doing great!

Of course, this week has been a total fail whale for several reasons. My inability to say no, being a huge culprit. Last week I did so well! But this week? Total tanker.

I am thankful that I  have this option to even try and save money. I know I complain a lot about being broke or poor but I'm only poor because I spend more than I make. And there are so many out there who are truly struggling. I, at least, do have a roof (old and shoddy as it may be) over my  head, a safe place to sleep and can afford to buy food that I enjoy and clothes that keep me cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I have shoes and a car and a fluffy puppy to kiss me. Not to mention the support of a crazy, difficult, awful and wonderful family. I even have a decent job that, stressful as it is, has afforded me so many opportunities. I am so blessed.

Anyway, life is happening, ya'll. Hope life happens to bring you a great weekend!

Comments

Heather said…
Eww...septic tanks -- a definite plus to living in the city! Better to take care of it now, though, than face a worse problem down the line, no pun intended.
Jana said…
I know. But I've got to save up some major moo-lah first. I'm pretty sure whatever they have to do to it ain't gonna be cheap. *sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today