Lyssa's 8th Birthday

So, Lyssabear turned eight Friday. Hard to believe my sweet baby girl is eight!!
 
 
 
I can still remember when she was born! So tiny and sweet. She's still super sweet but girl is getting tall! Her birthday party was Saturday and since I don't have any kids, of course I helped Sis2 out as much as I could.

 
 
The kids all got together and loaded the goodie bags. P.S. Emmy looks like a college girl!

 
The party theme was from one of Lyssa's favorite Barbie books/movies, The Secret Door which is basically (from what I gather) a story about how Barbie stumbles into this garden paradise where unicorns and mermaids and fairs dwell. We used her corresponding Barbie as the centerpiece decoration and I made two DumDum topiaries to decorate the buffet. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good photo of the topiaries, but you can see the top of one growing out of Lyssa's head in the photo above. haha (Also, it took about 600 DumDums to make them and I never want to do that project again. The end.)

Obligatory Selfie with the Birthday girl. ;-)
 
 
Mama decorated her cake and while not quite as impressive as last year's Frozen cake, it still turned out quite lovely.

 
And of course she got a lot of Barbie themed gifts. A convertible, a bathtub, a ballerina, a bride, etc...

And the obligatory selfie with my tall girl.
In order to get the kids to clean their rooms and keep them clean until the party, Sis2 bought them each a little something as incentive. Or, some would call it a bribe. haha Efan chose the Ezra costume below. I'd say he was quite proud of it.


Needless to say, I was so stinking tired, worn out and exhausted by the time I got home (at nearly 7:30) that Libs and I passed out on the couch.


Anyway, she really enjoyed her party and was thrilled with everything, so that's the main thing. And also, we all survived. :-D

Comments

Heather said…
Glad Lyssa had a good birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today