Life Lately

So, I guess I disappeared for a while and then came back with no explanations. I'm cool like that. I'm all, "Y'all, I'm mysterious and I have mysterious stuff going on that I'm too cool and mysterious to tell y'all about."
 
ROFLOL
 
Right.
 
No, what I am is busy. And sometimes loading photos from my phone to Blogger is an ordeal I don't have the patience for. But...lucky ducks, I had some patience AND time today. So here it goes.
 
Other than work stuff, which is totes boring, I went on a little mini vacay Labor Day weekend to visit Sis1 and Emmy in Tuscaloosa. I hadn't been in I can't even tell you when. I can say with certainty that Emmy was a foot shorter the last time I was in T-town, though!
I left Thursday night and came back Monday and we had all sorts of fun in between. Like, going to see War Room.
 
And taking selfies at the theater. I'm so glad I have a teenage niece and a sister who don't mind selfies. Because I know a lot of people who give the world at large grief over such a thing...calling it narcissistic and whatnot. But I love selfies. I love being in photos with the people I love and just being silly and unpretentious. Like, we knew we were being lame but that was what made it fun!
 
 
I also got to experience riding shotgun with this girl! Yikes! haha She drove us to church on the back roads and she did really well. Her mom, on the other hand...her mom was a basket case the whole way. She is NOT a cool passenger for a student driver. lol

Emmy also let me play with her fancy DSLR camera. Mostly because she wanted to model her new dress but whatever. She's going to be in the homecoming review soon since she is in the running for Freshman maid. I think she's got a good shot but I'm biased.
 
I'm also biased about my photography skills but dag-gum, I did good. haha #NotSoHumbleBrag
 
Also, I want a fancy DSLR camera. Any millionaires reading this who wanna make a poor girl's dreams come true? No? *sobs*
 
Anyway, we had a great time. Lots of fun and shopping and eating in places I don't get to eat at. Libby got to terrorize the dog they dogsat for that weekend so she had fun, too.

But alas, I had to come back to work where the crane was finally put in place so that the fourth floor expansion can begin. We've got lots of construction noise to look forward to, so y'all pray for my sanity. ;-)

That's where I live for 40 hours a week. The expansion is going to happen on the on the left side of the building right next to my department. Suppa fun times!

So yeah, that's my life story for the past couple of weeks.

:-D

Comments

Aunt B said…
You DO deserve a DSLR camera, hon. You're a great photographer! That pic of Emmy in her new dress is beautiful. You know, you have a lot of talents...very crafty, a terrific writer, a great photographer...and I'm sure there's other stuff that I don't know about yet :-)
Heather said…
I want a fancy new camera, too -- I need higher powered zoom, baby! Much prefer my neighborhood cranes to yours -- did you see the pics I posted over the weekend? A pair of Sandhill cranes has been feeding the last couple weeks at a nearby park. Well, except this weekend. They were there Friday, but the last two days there were two dozen geese instead of the cranes. I'm sure they're still around the neighborhood somewhere. *G*
Jana said…
Thanks, Aunt B. What's that old saying...A Jack of all trades, master of nothing? Is that how it goes? I dabble at a lot of things but I wouldn't say I'm especially talented in any of it. At least, not when I compare myself to the amazing talents of other people. But I'm okay with that. As long as I'm enjoying myself. ;-)

Heather~I haven't had a chance to make my blog rounds this week but I'll definitely head over there now. I've a feeling I'd much prefer your cranes over mine, too! lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today