Scenes From a Weekend
So. Um. Yeah. It's almost Friday and I'm JUST NOW getting a weekend review post up. Ya'll know my life. I don't have to explain. Right?
Anyways...
So, we had our annual "girls day out" this Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Both kids had spent the night with Nana and Bobo Friday night so we had to drop the boy off with his daddy and pick Sis2 up and then we headed to the next town over where the Mall lives and wore ourselves slap out.
She's eight, but she still loves the "rides" in the mall. I think we spent a buck fifty between the two of us. And yes, she used her own quarters for the first ride.
I wish my knees were still in good enough shape to get all up in some books like that. :-D I told her I'd buy her one book. She had the hardest time choosing which book to get. She narrowed it down to two and then did eenie meenie, miennie, moe and STILL couldn't decide which one. She wanted them both. My first instinct was to say I'd just buy them both but I have a budget so I stuck to my guns. She finally chose a Halloween themed fairy mystery book because she just HAD to find out what happened to the missing Halloween candy. haha
And yes, we had gone to Claire's and she bought a $2 clearance can of glitter hairspray using her own money. Yes. Glitter hairspray. SMH
Hobby Lobby is a fun story. We started off the morning there, spent about an hour shopping but we all got SUPER hungry so we paid for what we'd picked out and went to eat at the Chinese place right next door in the mall and said we'd come back to Hobby Lobby. Well, we ended ending our mall trip in HL because after lunch we went Payless, the bookstore, Claire's, Shoe Dept. and then sat on the benches to rest for a bit. By then Lyssa and I were thirsty so we stopped by the cookie store and I bought us both an Icee. She got white cherry and I got Coke. It's been YEARS since I had a Coke icee. I'd nearly forgotten how much I loved them!
Anyway, the above photo was about thirty minutes into our return trip to Hobby Lobby and Nana's blood sugar got a little high from sipping Lyssa's icee and Lyssa was bored with my and her mama's shopping so they copped a squat right there in the jewelry craft aisle! I love the look they're getting from the girl in the stroller! lol When Mama when to get up, a lady passing by got all concerned and asked her if she was alright. My mom tried to explain to her that she's just old and can't keep up with the young'uns anymore. haha
I still can't quite believe that I walked out of Hobby Lobby and only bought three bottles of craft paint and three small wooden letters. No Christmas stuff, (yes, they have the Christmas stuff out! And yes, I was tempted!) no new crafting ideas, not even any cute nick-knacks! What's wrong with me?!
After we left the mall we stopped by Dollar Tree (Lyssa's favorite store) where I stayed in the car and waited on them because my feet were TIRED and while I love Dollar Tree, I can visit one closer to home when I'm NOT tired so I decided to save my legs and feet for my first experience with a TJMAXX. Turns out I should have saved my feet and legs from that, too. Major disappointment. I think my expectations were a little too high because it looked a little junky to me. I can't stand a store where items are just willy nilly on the shelf or in weird order. I like a tidy, well organized store. And STILL couldn't afford anything in there.
We had plenty of time to kill on the trip back to drop Lyssa and Sis2 off so we mostly just played with my phone and napped--hence the selfie.
Annnnnd of course when we got back to our town, we had to stop by Micky D's for Frappes because duh. We're so basic. haha Turned out to be a fortuitous stop because Lyssa and I cleaned up some loose change someone had left in the parking lot! Probably about fifty cents worth!
We used the time to chat and relax and watch funny dog videos on Nana's phone. She's such a fun kid and a girl after her Aunt Jana's heart. She loves food, sugar, coffee and dogs. I just wish I had her energy!
Because I was gone all day Saturday, I had to get up suuuuuuper early Sunday morning to get all my grocery shopping done before church. I wish I were the type of person who could manage to get enough groceries for two weeks so that I didn't have to go every weekend. But sadly, I am just not that organized. It seems that the instant I get home from a grocery trip, I immediately start a whole new list of things I need. I wish I were kidding.
I left the house at just after six am, still dark and it was just starting to get daylight when I reached town. Aaaaaaand of course, I got stopped by the train just before I got to Wal-Mart. Story of my life. And it was one of those looooooooong trains that just kept going and going and going and I was still so sleepy because it was early and I was still worn out from the day before that I almost fell asleep waiting for it to pass.
Anyways...
So, we had our annual "girls day out" this Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Both kids had spent the night with Nana and Bobo Friday night so we had to drop the boy off with his daddy and pick Sis2 up and then we headed to the next town over where the Mall lives and wore ourselves slap out.
She's eight, but she still loves the "rides" in the mall. I think we spent a buck fifty between the two of us. And yes, she used her own quarters for the first ride.
I wish my knees were still in good enough shape to get all up in some books like that. :-D I told her I'd buy her one book. She had the hardest time choosing which book to get. She narrowed it down to two and then did eenie meenie, miennie, moe and STILL couldn't decide which one. She wanted them both. My first instinct was to say I'd just buy them both but I have a budget so I stuck to my guns. She finally chose a Halloween themed fairy mystery book because she just HAD to find out what happened to the missing Halloween candy. haha
And yes, we had gone to Claire's and she bought a $2 clearance can of glitter hairspray using her own money. Yes. Glitter hairspray. SMH
Anyway, the above photo was about thirty minutes into our return trip to Hobby Lobby and Nana's blood sugar got a little high from sipping Lyssa's icee and Lyssa was bored with my and her mama's shopping so they copped a squat right there in the jewelry craft aisle! I love the look they're getting from the girl in the stroller! lol When Mama when to get up, a lady passing by got all concerned and asked her if she was alright. My mom tried to explain to her that she's just old and can't keep up with the young'uns anymore. haha
I still can't quite believe that I walked out of Hobby Lobby and only bought three bottles of craft paint and three small wooden letters. No Christmas stuff, (yes, they have the Christmas stuff out! And yes, I was tempted!) no new crafting ideas, not even any cute nick-knacks! What's wrong with me?!
After we left the mall we stopped by Dollar Tree (Lyssa's favorite store) where I stayed in the car and waited on them because my feet were TIRED and while I love Dollar Tree, I can visit one closer to home when I'm NOT tired so I decided to save my legs and feet for my first experience with a TJMAXX. Turns out I should have saved my feet and legs from that, too. Major disappointment. I think my expectations were a little too high because it looked a little junky to me. I can't stand a store where items are just willy nilly on the shelf or in weird order. I like a tidy, well organized store. And STILL couldn't afford anything in there.
We had plenty of time to kill on the trip back to drop Lyssa and Sis2 off so we mostly just played with my phone and napped--hence the selfie.
Annnnnd of course when we got back to our town, we had to stop by Micky D's for Frappes because duh. We're so basic. haha Turned out to be a fortuitous stop because Lyssa and I cleaned up some loose change someone had left in the parking lot! Probably about fifty cents worth!
We used the time to chat and relax and watch funny dog videos on Nana's phone. She's such a fun kid and a girl after her Aunt Jana's heart. She loves food, sugar, coffee and dogs. I just wish I had her energy!
Because I was gone all day Saturday, I had to get up suuuuuuper early Sunday morning to get all my grocery shopping done before church. I wish I were the type of person who could manage to get enough groceries for two weeks so that I didn't have to go every weekend. But sadly, I am just not that organized. It seems that the instant I get home from a grocery trip, I immediately start a whole new list of things I need. I wish I were kidding.
I left the house at just after six am, still dark and it was just starting to get daylight when I reached town. Aaaaaaand of course, I got stopped by the train just before I got to Wal-Mart. Story of my life. And it was one of those looooooooong trains that just kept going and going and going and I was still so sleepy because it was early and I was still worn out from the day before that I almost fell asleep waiting for it to pass.
Then I got home, ate breakfast, took a shower, took a nap and decided to just skip the big church in town and go to the little church down the road with my parents which they thought was hilarious. they still think I'm young and should bounce back from tiring days. Sadly, I am not young and I don't bounce back. I'm still recovering five days later.
After church I went to the folks house and Daddy and I napped in the recliners while Mama went to visit her parents. I love that I can go nap at their house and count that as visiting with MY parents. hahaha
Also, I forgot that Sunday (September 20) was the anniversary of Paw-paw Joe's death. It wasn't until Mama mentioned that she walked out to the cemetery to visit him that I remembered. I felt guilty about that for a bit but honestly, sometimes I forget that he's even gone. He's still so present in me that I think about him often and I still tell stories about him at random times. Things he said. Things he did. The way he was. So I guess it's alright that I forgot the anniversary of his death because I haven't forgotten HIM and I'd much rather think of how much I love him than think about how I lost him.
Ack! Sorry. I did NOT mean to get heavy here at the end. So to lighten things up I'll end with this:
You're welcome. :-D
Comments
Honestly, there's a TJMaxx where I do most of my weekly shopping and I've never been that impressed, going back to college years. My sister Heidi can walk in and find half a dozen items in a snap (which is really saying something considering she's "petite"), but I've never been able to find anything I like in my size/style.
We also have a Hobby Lobby, and if I hadn't just been hired on seasonally at Wisconsin Craft Market, that probably would have been the next place I applied. I'll be working a few nights and Saturdays through Christmas starting in October.
I could spend a couple of days in Hobby Lobby if my feet and knees would hold out. ALL THE CRAFTY THINGS! And ALL THE PRETTY THINGS! I'd be dead broke, though and then I'd HAVE to get a second job.