Ethan Vader
My baby boy is six! What the what?
His actual birthday was Tuesday but we celebrated his birthday this past Saturday in a Darth Vader/Star Wars party. Yes. My sister is raising a Star Wars geek. haha He started out innocently enough with Star Wars Rebels but by now he's seen the three original films and LOVES them. His favorite character is, of course, Darth Vader. He is all about some dark sides. Can't decide if we need to be worried or not. ;-)
I went home exhausted but happy. I'm so glad Sis2 decided to have the party outside. It really cut down on the noise and the crowd factor. And the kids all enjoyed the space to run free and wild and be as noisy as they wanted to be. All with the added benefit that Sis2 didn't have to re-clean her house after everybody left! Score!
His actual birthday was Tuesday but we celebrated his birthday this past Saturday in a Darth Vader/Star Wars party. Yes. My sister is raising a Star Wars geek. haha He started out innocently enough with Star Wars Rebels but by now he's seen the three original films and LOVES them. His favorite character is, of course, Darth Vader. He is all about some dark sides. Can't decide if we need to be worried or not. ;-)
| So their swing set is mostly toast by now. the monkey bar part is the only part still hanging on. Lyssa has decided that it's a swing. Silly girl. |
| Pretty sure he's contemplating steeling one of the marshmallow pops. |
| We called these "Angry Snowmen" and Nana got her feelings hurt. D'oh! |
| Nana and Alyssa putting the faces on the "angry snowmen" aka Storm troopers. |
| His other grandmother bought him this Vader hoodie. I had to show him my Darth Vader t-shirt to get him to pose for this selfie, though. |
| It's actually Darth SPADER. Get it? Because he's on a spade card? True story: I bought this t-shirt just for Ethan's party. I don't even LIKE Star Wars. But I AM his coolest aunt. |
| The force is definitely with this one. |
| It was 80 something degrees out side Saturday and Emmy dressed for winter! Silly girl. |
| This full on costume and the red light saber were both presents. He made out good with Star Wars gifts. AND he gets to be Darth Vader for Halloween! |
| My Emmy and I had to take our mandatory selfie together. Again. Cool aunt. ;-) |
| Teenagers totally do still love to play with light sabers and little boys. |
| I'm not sure what Emmy and Bobo were talking about here but it looks pretty serious. lol |
| After the party ended, Sis2 and I took the kiddos to Micky D's for supper and we goofed around. Naturally. |
| I love these kiddos. |
I went home exhausted but happy. I'm so glad Sis2 decided to have the party outside. It really cut down on the noise and the crowd factor. And the kids all enjoyed the space to run free and wild and be as noisy as they wanted to be. All with the added benefit that Sis2 didn't have to re-clean her house after everybody left! Score!
Comments
And how can you not like Star Wars? Some of my best friends are SW geeks. :)