Signs of Life

Do I look depressed here? If so, it's because I was/am. That stack never seems to ever fully go away no matter how many times I get rid of it. And you should see the area behind me. Two book trucks full and a buncha boxes. ::SadFace::
 

 
Last Friday we had to meet up with Sis2 and Lyssa to pick up the gift Sis2 had graciously picked up for me for Ethan's birthday. She came across a Darth Vader scooter that she knew he'd want and since there were only three left, I asked her to get one for me to get him so we met to exchange gift for money. Lyssa, of course, came with her and that girl was really feeling her oats that day. She immediately climbed in Nana's car and claimed it as hers, claimed my purse as her pretty new purse and Nana's phone as hers. Below, she is threatening to drive off in Nana's car. haha
 
Don't let that giant grin fool you. She'd totally do it if she thought she could get away with it. lol
 
 
Saturday afternoon turned out to be a gorgeous day. Autumn seems to have finally decided to creep it's way into Mississippi and we were so thankful for the break from 91 degree temps that Libs and I sat outside for a bit--Me in the newly cleaned swing (see yesterday's post) and her on the long lead/runner. She is not entirely thrilled about the limitations of the lead/runner or the fact that she can't at least drag mommy around by it.
 
Contrary to the gorgeous display of fluff below, she was not actually doing a fan dance for me. Instead, I managed to catch her in mid-angry hair toss as she berated me for not letting her roam free. Such attitude from this one...
 
 
Below is a highly filtered, extremely cropped version of a photo I took of the moon Saturday evening. But I love the moody and mystical air the filter gives it. Instagram for the win! (Instagram is way better than Facebook. Instagram is judgment and drama free. Instagram is for love and photos. ;-) )
 
 
Prior to my acid reflux induced misery, Libs and I took a little sojourn outside--me to sit in the swing and ponder the sanity of a depressed person reading the antics of a depressed and self-professed mentally ill person and Libby to ponder the insanity of being outside but not being free.
 
I love the Bloggess. I love her books. This one, though, I'm having to read in stages because while it is often laugh out loud funny it is also quite heavy at times because it often addresses the very real aspects of living with various mental health issues. I'd say my depression and anxiety are on the low end of the scale (for the most part) but reading and identifying with Jenny and seeing how far on the other end of the scale I could go someday is a little intense. But it is indeed laugh out loud funny so I'm going to finish it.


Emmy made the increasingly popular decision to forgo traditional school photos and had some portraits made by a photographer friend instead. This is just one of them but they all turned out beautifully. Hard not to turn out beautifully though, considering the subject. But I might be biased. ;-)
 
 
Libby really enjoyed me being home sick those two days because we had plenty of snuggle time.


Sis2 and Goofus took the kids to the local pumpkin patch earlier this week and the kids made new friends.




Comments

Heather said…
Love the bottom pics of the kids. Have seen the Jenny Lawson book here and there, but hafta be honest -- I really don't like that cover.
Jana said…
lol There's a whole story behind the cover for Jenny's book that's pretty funny. I guess that's why I don't mind it.
Heather said…
If you say so. I still think it's highly disturbing, LOL.
Jana said…
If you find it disturbing DON'T ready the book...or her blog. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today