PITA
Have y'all met Pita?
I don't even know if I've really talked about her here much except maybe in passing.
To be clear, Pita is NOT my dog. She belongs to my next door neighbors. I don't know her actual real name because I am a horrible hermit type person who does not do the whole "hang out with my neighbors" thing. I mean, I know the lady of the house's name but not one single clue what her husband's name is. I know their other dog's name because she came over with the lady to introduce themselves when I first moved in. But Pita has only been around for close to a year. I call her Pita because she is generally a pain in the ass. I mean, she's not a bad dog. She's actually pretty sweet but she's a pain in MY ass because her owners let her run free and she spends more time in my yard than she does theirs. Which annoys me for two reasons: 1.Giant poop all over my yard and 2. The fact that Libby HATES her. Which is ridiculous because Pita is as sweet as she can be and generally flops over on her back in submission the instant Libby starts barking at her. I mean, c'mon, Libs, give the girl a break! haha
On the day I took her photo, I was outside trying to photograph the clover that had decided to grow in one of the tree stumps in my yard. Pita, ever in need of attention, came bouncing over to visit and since Libby was safely in the house, I gave the poor attention deprived dog a pat or two. Poor girl acted as though she never gets any real loving. When turned my attention back to the intended photography, she flopped over in front of me, begging for a belly rub.
Unfortunately, I do believe that if the male dogs had their way, she will likely end up spitting out some puppies before too long. I didn't realize that she hadn't been spayed but during this visit there was evidence that the poor girl was in heat...and running loose...where any nearby male dog could get to her. *sigh* Irresponsible dog parents drive me NUTS.
Anyway, Libby was NOT down with me cheating on her. Oh the wrath I faced when I went back in the house!
She spied on me the whole time. Silly girl.
I don't even know if I've really talked about her here much except maybe in passing.
To be clear, Pita is NOT my dog. She belongs to my next door neighbors. I don't know her actual real name because I am a horrible hermit type person who does not do the whole "hang out with my neighbors" thing. I mean, I know the lady of the house's name but not one single clue what her husband's name is. I know their other dog's name because she came over with the lady to introduce themselves when I first moved in. But Pita has only been around for close to a year. I call her Pita because she is generally a pain in the ass. I mean, she's not a bad dog. She's actually pretty sweet but she's a pain in MY ass because her owners let her run free and she spends more time in my yard than she does theirs. Which annoys me for two reasons: 1.Giant poop all over my yard and 2. The fact that Libby HATES her. Which is ridiculous because Pita is as sweet as she can be and generally flops over on her back in submission the instant Libby starts barking at her. I mean, c'mon, Libs, give the girl a break! haha
On the day I took her photo, I was outside trying to photograph the clover that had decided to grow in one of the tree stumps in my yard. Pita, ever in need of attention, came bouncing over to visit and since Libby was safely in the house, I gave the poor attention deprived dog a pat or two. Poor girl acted as though she never gets any real loving. When turned my attention back to the intended photography, she flopped over in front of me, begging for a belly rub.
Unfortunately, I do believe that if the male dogs had their way, she will likely end up spitting out some puppies before too long. I didn't realize that she hadn't been spayed but during this visit there was evidence that the poor girl was in heat...and running loose...where any nearby male dog could get to her. *sigh* Irresponsible dog parents drive me NUTS.
Anyway, Libby was NOT down with me cheating on her. Oh the wrath I faced when I went back in the house!
She spied on me the whole time. Silly girl.
Comments