Life Stuff
As I'm sure you can tell by all the crickets chirping on here lately, life took a nosedive into crazytown for the past couple weeks. Work got INSANE. Heck, I got insane. Well, more insane than usual, anyway. And the overwhelming nature of it all dipped me back into a bit of depression. Not the "I want to kill myself" variety but the "I don't want to talk to anyone or do anything" variety that is just as miserable but a lot less dangerous to myself.
Did not bode well for Sis1's birthday party last Saturday, though. Pretty sure I should have just called in sick on that one and stayed home. But noooooo, instead, I volunteered to make the dang cheesecake! What the actual crap is wrong with me? I wish I know. That insane people pleasing gene that always seems to get me into situations that make me miserable.
But the cheesecake was delicious if nothing else. So there's that.
Anyway, right now I'm in near sitting at my desk crying mode because I can't seem to find anyone willing to help me with my lingering septic tank/field line problems. I have contacted three different people (four, if you count the number I called that is no longer in business) and everyone's too busy for me. Or they don't do field line work. And I'm just about at the end of my rope.
Deep breaths...
I know it will all work out in God's time. I know this. There is something bigger than me and my stupid field line going on here which I know makes zero sense to most people but I know from experience that everything has a reason and will be resolved in God's own time.
Not gonna lie, though. It's frustrating to be completely blown off. I'm waiting to hear back from someone right now ("I'll call you later on this week") and when/if I don't hear back from him I've got two more numbers to call. I figure eventually SOMEBODY has to help me, right? If not, I'll just circle back around and start over with the people I've already called. I'm going to have to work up a more authoritative voice, though, I do believe. ("I want you out here working on this TOMORROW!")
On the work front, though, I'm just...I am thankful for my job. I am. Andmost some days I enjoy it and the people I work with. But usually I'd like to run away and pretend I've got amnesia and hope some hot single detective will fall in love with me while trying to help me find out who I am. (too many romance novels and lifetime movies perhaps?)
One of my facebook statuses last week:
You know how in Cinderella the evil stepmother tells Cinderella she can go to the ball so long as she completes all of her chores and then starts piling on all these extra chores to ensure that Cinderella doesn't get to go to the ball? Yeah that. Only with no fairy godmother, no glass slippers and no prince charming.
That right there sums up my work life. Except I think all the mice that got turned into horses are actually still horses. Or at least still the back end of those horse. #TrueStory
And because I love you and I unloaded so much crap on you right now (backed up septic tank field lines are no joke, ya'll) here's a little happy fun something to lighten it all up.
Did not bode well for Sis1's birthday party last Saturday, though. Pretty sure I should have just called in sick on that one and stayed home. But noooooo, instead, I volunteered to make the dang cheesecake! What the actual crap is wrong with me? I wish I know. That insane people pleasing gene that always seems to get me into situations that make me miserable.
But the cheesecake was delicious if nothing else. So there's that.
Anyway, right now I'm in near sitting at my desk crying mode because I can't seem to find anyone willing to help me with my lingering septic tank/field line problems. I have contacted three different people (four, if you count the number I called that is no longer in business) and everyone's too busy for me. Or they don't do field line work. And I'm just about at the end of my rope.
Deep breaths...
I know it will all work out in God's time. I know this. There is something bigger than me and my stupid field line going on here which I know makes zero sense to most people but I know from experience that everything has a reason and will be resolved in God's own time.
Not gonna lie, though. It's frustrating to be completely blown off. I'm waiting to hear back from someone right now ("I'll call you later on this week") and when/if I don't hear back from him I've got two more numbers to call. I figure eventually SOMEBODY has to help me, right? If not, I'll just circle back around and start over with the people I've already called. I'm going to have to work up a more authoritative voice, though, I do believe. ("I want you out here working on this TOMORROW!")
On the work front, though, I'm just...I am thankful for my job. I am. And
One of my facebook statuses last week:
You know how in Cinderella the evil stepmother tells Cinderella she can go to the ball so long as she completes all of her chores and then starts piling on all these extra chores to ensure that Cinderella doesn't get to go to the ball? Yeah that. Only with no fairy godmother, no glass slippers and no prince charming.
That right there sums up my work life. Except I think all the mice that got turned into horses are actually still horses. Or at least still the back end of those horse. #TrueStory
And because I love you and I unloaded so much crap on you right now (backed up septic tank field lines are no joke, ya'll) here's a little happy fun something to lighten it all up.
Comments