Mental Health Day

So, today I woke up with a killer headache. All from stress, frustration, and exhaustion, I know. It woke me up at 2am and I had a complete breakdown. Tears. Prayers. Sobbing. Not because of the headache but because of all that caused the headache. 

I am overwhelmed. Still. But yesterday...yesterday was just a boiling point situation and I guess I just had a complete breakdown of my spirit and mental and emotional health. I cried and prayed until my alarm went off and then I emailed work and took the day off. If I had gone to work I wouldn't have been good for anyone and would have only exacerbated the problems I am having. 

I napped on the couch for a bit, watched crappy daytime tv and then dragged myself up to take Libs to get her nails clipped and then we on to town for lunch. Is it sad that Libs is so used to the drive thru that she no longer barks at the people in the window? Anyway, by the time we got back home I felt energized in a way I haven't in a loooong time. Which led to a two mile hike, and considering that I still have problems with my foot and I haven't walked/hiked in about a year, I think I may have pushed us too far. But dang it feels good to have done it. 


Pretty sure those tracks indicate that a coyote was chasing a deer. 

  
That creek was so tempting. 



Comments

Aunt B said…
Really glad you took that day for yourself, Hon...I know you really needed it. Hugs.
Jana said…
It was just what I needed to recharge my batteries and get over myself. ;-) Hugs back to you, Aunt B!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today