The 411

Do people even say that anymore? 411? As in, "Give me the 411?" As in, "What's going on?/What's happening?/etc.

And also, the other day I asked a co-worker if anyone had given her the "down low" on a situation and as soon as it was out of my mouth I internally cringed because a) nobody says "down low" anymore and b) that was a totally incorrect usage. (Down low=quiet/secret) I basically asked my coworker had anyone given her the "quiet" or "secret" on the situation when what I meant to ask was had anyone filled her in on the situation.

Awkward! Party of me!

But because she's the bomb-diggity she didn't even correct me.

Anyway, so the 411 is this:

Yesterday was so crazy that I didn't even have a moment to log into my computer at work until about 15 minutes before I left and only then to check my email. Today I didn't get to sit down at my desk until after lunch. Then I just kinda had a brain melt in which I have no clue what happened after that. I think some periodicals were sorted? But I'd hafta check to be sure. I've got a back log of projects in the que but not a moment or any leftover energy to actually sit down and figure them out because of all these "other duties as assigned" things.

I went home yesterday and I think I ate a bowl of cereal, watched Pretty Little Liars and Rizzoli and Isles and went to bed. I say, "I think" because I'm pretty sure my brain did that whole melty thing and I don't actually remember a whole heck of a lot. Except that one time that Rizzoli and Isles nearly gave me a heart attack when they had Corsak* standing on a live land mine and they all said their good-byes and made me think they were going to kill him off and I vowed that if they did I'd never watch the show again. (He survived and all in one piece.)

*Questionable spelling of his name because I've only  heard it not seen it.

And THEN, because the universe hates me, I woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep so I've been basically a dead girl walking all day long.

BUT: Everything at home flushes and drains fine and even though my back yard is a complete disaster and we're due for a thunderstorm just any second now which will likely escalate the whole disaster sitch, I don't care because I WASHED A LOAD OF CLOTHES LAST NIGHT AND NOTHING BACKED UP OR DRAINED WRONG ANYWHERE!

Whew! What a relief!

(P.S. We should always end on a positive note, right?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today