Friday Stuff
What is so objectionable about the word "moist" on a food blog? We're all adults here. Cake is supposed to be moist. No need to apologize or explain your word choice. Anyone objecting to it needs to grow the heck up. And I say this because there is one food blog that I read fairly regularly and every ding dang time she bakes a cake and describes it she goes through this lengthy apology/explanation of why she uses the word moist and how much she hates it but it's the only word to truly describe it and omigosh please don't yell at her. And every time, I want to take her by the shoulders and explain to her that "moist" is only icky when used in romance novels. And only icky then if the characters are describing something other than a food item. Amiright?
I didn't sleep worth a spit last night and this morning I asked for an extra shot of espresso in my iced coffee and paid nearly $2 for it and I still feel like I got run over by a bus. I wish I knew what this caffeine wakefulness felt like because when you're blood is 95% caffeine, an extra shot of espresso is just, "Hmm. This coffee tastes extra coffee-y today." My friends ask for an extra shot of espresso and they claim to bounce off the wall and be all jittery. I feel cheated! I want to be awakened by coffee!
I had a really bad day yesterday. People-y issues. Hence the not sleeping well. And I just wish I knew why I struggle so much with interacting with other people. I mean, things can be going along so well in any given situation and the instant I get comfortable and fully participate in a conversation or a round of light hearted joking it's like BAM and either people start getting snappish with me or they take my joking seriously and make me feel bad about it and the fun stops. And then I obsess over it for hours and hours and HOURS (meaning: I lose sleep) wondering what I said or did wrong. Why can't I just fit in like everyone else and not take a joke in a weird direction or ask too many questions or make too many suggestions? What is it about me that makes people respond to me this way? I'm thinking I'm going along just like everyone else but I just never fit in. And yes, I confess to being socially awkward. Making friends has never been easy for me. I struggle with how to relax and not be obnoxious. Being around people has never been easy. But I try. I just can't ever seem to really fit anywhere. I don't want to withdraw and be that weird loner chick who never speaks to anyone but sometimes its just so tempting to slip into invisibility mode and avoid interacting with people altogether.
I got a new pair of ear buds as a gift for contributing to the university's alumni fundraiser and they are the best thing ever. Not only are the ear buds comfortable (much more so than the ones that came with my phone) the cord is retractable! No more cord tangling in my purse or on my desk! (Being thankful for the small things is important, right?)
The local Frozen Yogurt place has a new flavor in their rotation and it's absolutely the best thing ever...Cookie Butter. I mean...I'm dead, it's so good. But they don't have it very often and only offer it for a single day at a time whereas their other flavors are usually around for three or four days. The unfairness of it all...
But, its all smooth sailing from here...
I didn't sleep worth a spit last night and this morning I asked for an extra shot of espresso in my iced coffee and paid nearly $2 for it and I still feel like I got run over by a bus. I wish I knew what this caffeine wakefulness felt like because when you're blood is 95% caffeine, an extra shot of espresso is just, "Hmm. This coffee tastes extra coffee-y today." My friends ask for an extra shot of espresso and they claim to bounce off the wall and be all jittery. I feel cheated! I want to be awakened by coffee!
I had a really bad day yesterday. People-y issues. Hence the not sleeping well. And I just wish I knew why I struggle so much with interacting with other people. I mean, things can be going along so well in any given situation and the instant I get comfortable and fully participate in a conversation or a round of light hearted joking it's like BAM and either people start getting snappish with me or they take my joking seriously and make me feel bad about it and the fun stops. And then I obsess over it for hours and hours and HOURS (meaning: I lose sleep) wondering what I said or did wrong. Why can't I just fit in like everyone else and not take a joke in a weird direction or ask too many questions or make too many suggestions? What is it about me that makes people respond to me this way? I'm thinking I'm going along just like everyone else but I just never fit in. And yes, I confess to being socially awkward. Making friends has never been easy for me. I struggle with how to relax and not be obnoxious. Being around people has never been easy. But I try. I just can't ever seem to really fit anywhere. I don't want to withdraw and be that weird loner chick who never speaks to anyone but sometimes its just so tempting to slip into invisibility mode and avoid interacting with people altogether.
I got a new pair of ear buds as a gift for contributing to the university's alumni fundraiser and they are the best thing ever. Not only are the ear buds comfortable (much more so than the ones that came with my phone) the cord is retractable! No more cord tangling in my purse or on my desk! (Being thankful for the small things is important, right?)
The local Frozen Yogurt place has a new flavor in their rotation and it's absolutely the best thing ever...Cookie Butter. I mean...I'm dead, it's so good. But they don't have it very often and only offer it for a single day at a time whereas their other flavors are usually around for three or four days. The unfairness of it all...
But, its all smooth sailing from here...

Comments