Libby Lately

In a couple more months, my baby girl is going to be ten. TEN, y'all.

I don't really think about her age all that much. She does, after all, still behave much like she did as a puppy. Still sportin' a ton of attitude and sass. Still bossing me around. Still bouncing around like a dork outside. The only place she's really showing any age is the white around her eyes.

I was reading a post from a humane society on the evil Facebook, though, and they were talking about this Chihuahua that had been surrendered. He is ten years old and they made it sound like him being ten meant he is on his last legs. All I could think about was, what if in June when my Libs officially turns ten she suddenly and abruptly goes down hill? How would I ever deal with her declining in health or God forbid--Lose her! I get anxious and upset enough when she has a tummy ache!

It doesn't bear thinking about. It's in that far away place of "someday."

 Until then, I'm just going to enjoy the amazingness that is Libby.







 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today