Monday Musings
~Weird dreams abound last night. The one I remember the most clearly is the one that I woke up sad about. I was living at home with my parents again and apparently had gained a ton of weight and my mom was oblivious to it and kept buying me clothes that were way too small and I was all, "You can't even see how fat I've gotten and you're my biggest enabler!" and my mom was all, "What are you even talking about. Here, I bought you some new nightgowns," and I couldn't even get the things over my head. I woke up all sad and junk.
~For the past few months I've been regularly attending the church where Sis2 and her family are members. Just so happens that a few of the people I work with in the Library also attend that church. The weird and somewhat disappointing/disturbing part of that is that the people I actually know are the ones who thoroughly ignore me at church. Total strangers will come shake my hand and speak but the people I know from work walk right past me and don't speak. Or better still, will come up and talk to my sister and completely ignore me. I'm starting to get a complex. Yesterday at church, though, I had two separate people tell me I was really pretty so...there's that. #swelledhead
~My remaining living grandfather is in the hospital with an ailment they can't readily identify. They're treating the symptoms--constipation and inactive kidney's--but can't seem to figure out the source as to why he's having these problems. He's turning 85 at the end of this month and he is convinced that he's going to die shortly after. He's also been saying that since he was 70, soooo.... But really, I wish they (my grandmother and uncles) would take him to a better hospital so they could figure this mess out. They've got him in this rinky dink little hospital when there's a much better one even closer to them! So any prayers y'all can offer would be appreciated.
~Friday was our annual staff appreciation lunch for the university. I, of course, tagged along with my friends and apparently we were all fully PMS'd. Or at least I know I was. I was in a weird mood and when I got home I started thinking about some of the bitchy things I said to one of my friends and felt really bad about it. So I got up early this morning and baked her some bacon pimento cheese biscuits and wrote her an apology note and left them hanging on her office door handle. She IM'd me after she found them and said she hadn't noticed me being bitchy but that she had been tired and cranky and PMS'd too and since she got free biscuits out of it her plan had obviously worked. haha So moral of the story is, sometimes we're bitchy to each other but an apology with biscuits is never a bad idea.
~Also, same friend and I unknowingly nominated each other for a rather prestigious award that was handed out Friday. Neither of us won but I'll bet the guy who handled nominations got a kick out of seeing us nominate each other. lol
~Oh, and about the biscuits...I have discovered a new favorite kind of biscuit to make...bacon pimento cheese biscuits. It's your basic southern biscuit recipe (self-rising flour, Crisco, and buttermilk) with some creole seasoning, black pepper, cooked and crumbled bacon, diced pimentos and shredded cheddar. They are "slap yo mama" goooooood. And while I'm pretty sure I didn't invent this biscuit, I'm equally pretty sure that mine is the BESTTHINGEVER. If biscuits shipped well, I'd mail some to all my friends.
And also, my friends and I are insane. But I bet you guessed that already.
Oh, and apparently I work with Colonel Sanders who was embracing the insanity Friday. I need to remember to ask him for his famous recipe...
~For the past few months I've been regularly attending the church where Sis2 and her family are members. Just so happens that a few of the people I work with in the Library also attend that church. The weird and somewhat disappointing/disturbing part of that is that the people I actually know are the ones who thoroughly ignore me at church. Total strangers will come shake my hand and speak but the people I know from work walk right past me and don't speak. Or better still, will come up and talk to my sister and completely ignore me. I'm starting to get a complex. Yesterday at church, though, I had two separate people tell me I was really pretty so...there's that. #swelledhead
~My remaining living grandfather is in the hospital with an ailment they can't readily identify. They're treating the symptoms--constipation and inactive kidney's--but can't seem to figure out the source as to why he's having these problems. He's turning 85 at the end of this month and he is convinced that he's going to die shortly after. He's also been saying that since he was 70, soooo.... But really, I wish they (my grandmother and uncles) would take him to a better hospital so they could figure this mess out. They've got him in this rinky dink little hospital when there's a much better one even closer to them! So any prayers y'all can offer would be appreciated.
~Friday was our annual staff appreciation lunch for the university. I, of course, tagged along with my friends and apparently we were all fully PMS'd. Or at least I know I was. I was in a weird mood and when I got home I started thinking about some of the bitchy things I said to one of my friends and felt really bad about it. So I got up early this morning and baked her some bacon pimento cheese biscuits and wrote her an apology note and left them hanging on her office door handle. She IM'd me after she found them and said she hadn't noticed me being bitchy but that she had been tired and cranky and PMS'd too and since she got free biscuits out of it her plan had obviously worked. haha So moral of the story is, sometimes we're bitchy to each other but an apology with biscuits is never a bad idea.
~Also, same friend and I unknowingly nominated each other for a rather prestigious award that was handed out Friday. Neither of us won but I'll bet the guy who handled nominations got a kick out of seeing us nominate each other. lol
~Oh, and about the biscuits...I have discovered a new favorite kind of biscuit to make...bacon pimento cheese biscuits. It's your basic southern biscuit recipe (self-rising flour, Crisco, and buttermilk) with some creole seasoning, black pepper, cooked and crumbled bacon, diced pimentos and shredded cheddar. They are "slap yo mama" goooooood. And while I'm pretty sure I didn't invent this biscuit, I'm equally pretty sure that mine is the BESTTHINGEVER. If biscuits shipped well, I'd mail some to all my friends.
And also, my friends and I are insane. But I bet you guessed that already.
Oh, and apparently I work with Colonel Sanders who was embracing the insanity Friday. I need to remember to ask him for his famous recipe...

Comments
Sending very best wishes and prayers for your grandfather.
And thanks for the prayers for my grandfather. He's supposed to see a urologist today so, fingers crossed that he learns something useful.