Things And Stuff

Had girls' night out last Tuesday. The mudslide was deeeeeelish. The food was pretty good too. but girls' night is expensive.  $25 for entrée and mudslide, expensive. 8-O
 
 
Emmy finally talked me into joining SnapChat which I adorably annoyingly call SnatChap. I'm still not sure what all the fuss is about or what the heck I'm supposed to be doing but if it makes her happy...

 
The filters are pretty fun, though.
 
 
she's supposed to teach me about it when she comes this weekend for Father's Day. I guess we'll see, though. lol
 

Mama's 63rd birthday was Monday. We took off work at lunch and met my sister, the kids and Daddy for lunch and then went back to Sis2's house for cupcakes and presents.
 
I gave her a new steering wheel cover and you'd have thought I brought her back something from Tiffany's or something, she was so excited.
 

While aimlessly wandering around Wal-Mart for thirty minutes Sunday after church waiting to pick up a prescription, I stumbled across the answer to a prayer. My master bathroom sink has been clogged for over a year and, well, I don't have the strength to get the stopper thing unscrewed to clean it out and I didn't want to pay anyone to do it and was procrastinating asking a cousin to come do it. But lo and behold I came across this little zip-it thing that you run down the drain...you don't even have to take the stopper out! It took about three times running it down the drain but it finally pulled out a mess of gunk and now I can finally brush my teeth in my bathroom sink instead of in the guest bath! Woot, woot!
 
Best part is, it was under $3!! Super woot, woot!
 
 
Mama and I did a bit of traveling last Friday and stopped in at a little junk/thrift store. I did NOT, come home with this guy. But I did think he was hilarious.
 

The town we stopped in was about thirty minutes outside of "town" and like a lot of the small older towns in Mississippi, it's getting really run down. You can tell it used to be a charming little town with a bustling downtown mainstreet. But now a lot of the storefronts are crumbling and many of the buildings are empty. But there are still treasures to be found there. We hit up the thrift/junk store and a cute little boutique "gift" store and everyone was really super nice.


Also, I finally colored the grey out of my hair. I did such a good job of picking the color that you can't even really tell that I did anything except I no longer sparkle at the temples! haha
 
But back to SnatChap...Libby is seriously unimpressed...
 



Comments

Heather said…
I don't get the fuss about Snapchat, either, but then - I feel the same way about FB. As for that Zip-It tool... I bought one of those several years ago at Menard's for (I think) $1. BEST money ever spent! You won't believe how handy that thing is when you have long hair.
Jana said…
I will definitely be buying up a couple more Zip-Its to keep on hand.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today