Triumph!
I've been trying to eat better/healthier for the past few weeks and not doing a hot job of it. I mean, probably 75% of the time I'm eating healthier but there's always temptation. You may recall that my friends at work like to eat out. It's been a common theme the past several years that they twist my arm to go with them two sometimes three times a week. And because I'm weak, love eating out, and hate being left out, I usually cave.
I've gotten a taste of what it's like to save and put back a little of the money I normally budget for these trips, though and that, if nothing else is helping me more than any willpower to eat healthier. Which leads to today's triumph...E twisted my arm HARD, guilted and even tried shaming me into going to Panda Express for orange chicken with her...which, if you know me at all, you know that orange chicken is one of my greatest weaknesses. But ya'll...I stood firm, said "thanks but no thanks, I brought my lunch" and even walked over there with her so that she didn't have to walk alone and RESISTED both peer pressure and the pull of orange chicken.
Totally high fiving myself, y'all. haha
And I totally don't even feel like I missed anything because not only do I not feel the guilt of having destroyed my determination but I have an extra $10 to put way in the little Christmas fund I've got going. So, yeah. Triumphant, baby!
I've gotten a taste of what it's like to save and put back a little of the money I normally budget for these trips, though and that, if nothing else is helping me more than any willpower to eat healthier. Which leads to today's triumph...E twisted my arm HARD, guilted and even tried shaming me into going to Panda Express for orange chicken with her...which, if you know me at all, you know that orange chicken is one of my greatest weaknesses. But ya'll...I stood firm, said "thanks but no thanks, I brought my lunch" and even walked over there with her so that she didn't have to walk alone and RESISTED both peer pressure and the pull of orange chicken.
Totally high fiving myself, y'all. haha
And I totally don't even feel like I missed anything because not only do I not feel the guilt of having destroyed my determination but I have an extra $10 to put way in the little Christmas fund I've got going. So, yeah. Triumphant, baby!
Comments
Brenda
I resisted going out again today. I'm on a roll. haha Also been counting my steps with a handy dandy app on my phone. I've come close to 10000 steps the past couple of days. It's given me a tangible incentive to get up and MOVE. ;-)
Heather~I hear you. I wish sometimes that there weren't any convenient places to go to eat out. It's way too expensive and way too fattening.