Weekend things
We have had the ugliest Autumn this year. It's hot, dry and yucky and the leaves are all brown and dead with nothing remotely pretty about them right now. But Saturday the weather was nice, if still unseasonably warm at 72*, so I threw the windows open and let some fresh air in and while they were open I took this shot of the trees. I titled it "Autumn through my window" when I posted it on Instagram but, you know, it's kinda a lie because I had to add a filter to it to make it look remotely like autumn.
The sunset was no joke. It filtered in through the window and Libs soaked it in.
No filter necessary for this one. It, by the way, was also shot through my window, hence the little grainy grid of the screen that's slightly visible. Would have been an even better shot if not for the light pole and lines and junk. The price we pay for modern conveniences. You know, besides the actual money we pay. haha
Alabama is having an ugly dead autumn, as well. What isn't ugly? My Emmy. She had a friend take Fall portraits for her and while the background scenery is a mix of brown and green, this girl is gorgeous. The fact that I haven't seen the stinker since the 4th of July is irrelevant. ;-)
Every November, several of the area towns have what the call "Christmas Open House" wherein several of the locally owned shops open up on Sunday with special discounts, yummy edible treats and plenty-o-Christmas cheer in an effort to encourage people to shop locally. I normally don't go to the one in the town where I work but since I've been going to a church there, I made plans with Sis2 and Lyssa to go to our favorite antique shop that was participating. We spent nearly two and a half hours browsing, snacking, oooooing and ahhhhing over various trinkets and treasures. But Lyssa wasn't ready to end her Aunt Jana time so we went to McD's for frappes to extend the day just a wee bit before they had to go back to church and I had to go home. Love this girl and I love that she's still young enough to actually WANT to spend time with me instead of dreading it like her older cousin seems to.
After I got home, I was sitting on the potty (TMI?) and caught some movement from the corner of my eye. I feared it was either a mouse or a ghost which, of the two, I'd rather deal with a ghost than a mouse. But much to my relief, it was neither. It was simply a big badass spider who was SO badass that he didn't even flinch when Libs bounced over to give him a sniff, nor did he move when I stepped over him to get out of the bathroom. Why over and not on? I was barefoot. Thankfully, there was a pair of shoes just outside the bathroom door. Rest in peace, dear badass spider!
Now I'm sitting in my cubical at work on a Tuesday afternoon waiting for the day to end so I can go home and be done with it. ;-)
The sunset was no joke. It filtered in through the window and Libs soaked it in.
No filter necessary for this one. It, by the way, was also shot through my window, hence the little grainy grid of the screen that's slightly visible. Would have been an even better shot if not for the light pole and lines and junk. The price we pay for modern conveniences. You know, besides the actual money we pay. haha
Alabama is having an ugly dead autumn, as well. What isn't ugly? My Emmy. She had a friend take Fall portraits for her and while the background scenery is a mix of brown and green, this girl is gorgeous. The fact that I haven't seen the stinker since the 4th of July is irrelevant. ;-)
Every November, several of the area towns have what the call "Christmas Open House" wherein several of the locally owned shops open up on Sunday with special discounts, yummy edible treats and plenty-o-Christmas cheer in an effort to encourage people to shop locally. I normally don't go to the one in the town where I work but since I've been going to a church there, I made plans with Sis2 and Lyssa to go to our favorite antique shop that was participating. We spent nearly two and a half hours browsing, snacking, oooooing and ahhhhing over various trinkets and treasures. But Lyssa wasn't ready to end her Aunt Jana time so we went to McD's for frappes to extend the day just a wee bit before they had to go back to church and I had to go home. Love this girl and I love that she's still young enough to actually WANT to spend time with me instead of dreading it like her older cousin seems to.
After I got home, I was sitting on the potty (TMI?) and caught some movement from the corner of my eye. I feared it was either a mouse or a ghost which, of the two, I'd rather deal with a ghost than a mouse. But much to my relief, it was neither. It was simply a big badass spider who was SO badass that he didn't even flinch when Libs bounced over to give him a sniff, nor did he move when I stepped over him to get out of the bathroom. Why over and not on? I was barefoot. Thankfully, there was a pair of shoes just outside the bathroom door. Rest in peace, dear badass spider!
The stupid time change had this girl all confused. This is her 9pm, ready for night night time face and she stared at me with it for quite a while. Unfortunately for both of us, it was only 8pm. lol I managed to get her settled down through most of Secrets and Lies before we finally stumbled off to bed.
Now I'm sitting in my cubical at work on a Tuesday afternoon waiting for the day to end so I can go home and be done with it. ;-)







Comments
I'm anxious to see who killed the woman on Secrets and Lies. lol I think the dad did it. haha