My Life in March So Far

Snapchat briefly had a filter that made me look a little on the glam side. I really, really liked it. I almost went out and bought some make-up to try and duplicate it. But then I came to my senses and remembered that ain't nobody go time for make-up.

Nuisance Dog, as I refer to him, just wants to play. Libby will have none of  his nonsense. He is why we go hiking when we need fresh air and exercise. But he's a cute little nuisance.

Libby and Bully have a rather shaky truce for the purposes of exercise. He always greets her very respectfully before shoving his nose up her fluff and she lets him bodyguard us in the woods.

She just really, really loves our adventures.

Bully's always on the lookout for danger...and bugs. And spot to pee on.

Again with the glamour filter. lol I posted this shot on Facebook and a couple of people asked me what I do to stay looking so young. I may yet have to invest in some make-up...and someone to show me how to apply make-up.

We have gotten into the habit of watching TV in my bedroom a couple of nights a week due to me not getting CW via DirecTV. I only have an antenna for my bedroom TV so we pick up CW over the air to watch Supergirl and Vampire Diaries/The Originals. Libby likes that arrangement because she gets to snuggle on Mama's bed...and jump off mama's bed and immediately back up onto Mama's bed. And repeat to infinity.

Libby also likes to snuggle on her mama, period. That's my big ol' belly she's using as a pillow. :-D

Children's Choir sang "Lord I Lift Your Name on High" last Sunday. Ethan didn't get to sing because he was sick with a nasty cough. He's just in recent months gotten to where he'll participate so it was funny to hear his disappointment at not getting to sing with them this time.

My sweet work friend, K, is having her first baby in April and the library threw her a baby shower. This baby shower was particularly sweet because K and her hubs had struggled with various fertility issues and such for a long time. I'm SO HAPPY that they are finally having the baby they've prayed so hard for.

I won a little "recognition of awesomeness" prize recently and got some sweet little happies and my photo on the staff council's Facebook page. I'm still trying to get that jar of strawberry jelly open. :-/

The little recognition program I "won". It's a monthly thing and I got chosen for January...and yeah...It was March before they got around to handing out the prize. haha

All of this stormy weather has been really hard on the trees in my yard. This is the second one since February that has taken a hit. Also, please take note that this photo was taken in early March and I already need my yard mowed. *sobbing*

Lately I've gotten into the habit of having a coffee martini every Friday night. It's my quiet little reward for surviving the weekend without ending up in jail and a great way to relax in bed while watching Vampire Diaries. This past Friday night, Sis2's MIL interrupted my quiet martini night by calling in search of a recipe. I'm still not even sure how the woman got my number. Good thing I was already 3/4 of the way through my martini and was relaxed enough to talk to her. haha

Libby and I had to go let Milo out for a bit while the folks were gone Saturday. They had their usual conversation in which Milo expressed his love and Libby gave him the crazy eyes.

I found this hand towel at Walmart Sunday and bought it with the idea of making it into something for Efan's room. I originally thought pillow but now I'm thinking wall art. He is currently in the process of redecorating his room with a wildlife theme and when I saw this hand towel, I immediately thought of him.

I was up super early Sunday morning to take Libby out before setting to work on a pie I wanted to make for Daddy. The moon was AMAZING and I still can't believe I actually got a decent show of it with my camera phone.

March isn't over. Still lots to do. It's Spring Break on campus this week and even though I'm working, I'm loving every moment of it. It's so quiet on campus when all the kids are gone. Next week I'll be on my annual Spring Staycation (birthday week fun where-in I turn 38 and do lots of fun things to distract me from aging. haha) and then we have a work event I'm working on for the last couple of days of March.

Life never slows down.

Comments

Brenda said…
Great pics, Jana. Enjoy your birthday week when it comes, and especially "the day"! (23rd, right?) :-)
Jana said…
Yep...23rd. :-D

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today