Keepin' It Real (Wherein I whine a bit and indulge in some self-pity)
So, turns out that what I thought was a fun road trip to Texas with my aunt and sister wasn't so fun for my aunt. According to my mother, anyway, who spent the day with my aunts yesterday. While talking about going back to Texas with my other aunt, Aunt S, with whom we road tripped, apparently made the statement that she knew she'd actually enjoy the trip with Aunt L while her previous travel companions had annoyed her.
So yeah. Thanks, Ma, for passing on that disappointing info that I could have happily lived without. Now, instead of a happy memory of that one time I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and had a fun road trip with my aunt and sister, I'll just be bitterly paying off the $600 of credit card debt from a trip where I apparently contributed to ruining it for my aunt. Sweet.
And if my own aunt felt that way I don't even want to think about how my friends must have felt during the New Orleans trip. I wonder how badly I ruined THAT for THEM?
That'll teach me to step outside my comfort zone. Crawling back into my shell now.
So yeah. Thanks, Ma, for passing on that disappointing info that I could have happily lived without. Now, instead of a happy memory of that one time I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and had a fun road trip with my aunt and sister, I'll just be bitterly paying off the $600 of credit card debt from a trip where I apparently contributed to ruining it for my aunt. Sweet.
And if my own aunt felt that way I don't even want to think about how my friends must have felt during the New Orleans trip. I wonder how badly I ruined THAT for THEM?
That'll teach me to step outside my comfort zone. Crawling back into my shell now.
Comments