Updates and such
If anyone is actually reading this blog and then even a little curious about my health goals updates, I've been blogging regularly over at my fat girl blog. But if you don't want to read all the hard stuff, I'll give you a little mini-update:
Over the course of the month, I've lost 6lbs and 1 inch! Cue the party horns and balloon release. haha
My financial goals...well, I'm still on track but I've been overextending my grocery budget because surprise! healthy food is hella expensive. BUT, I recently got a small raise at work which goes into affect on the 15th so I can reexamine my grocery budget and maybe pad it a little to keep from creeping into or derailing my overall financial goals.
The hardest part, I'm realizing, is trying to decide what is the wisest thing to do with any extra money I come across. Gut instinct says to put it toward debt but then I second guess myself and think, you know, I might need to save that into my emergency fund so that I don't have to potentially use my credit card the next time I need car repairs or to buy gifts, etc. I think conventional thinking agrees with my gut and says "throw it at the debt" so...I'm waffling on that concept. While a small part of my little raise will definitely go towards my grocery budget (which for the past several months has been at $40-50 a week) the rest of that new extra money...I can't decide. Not that it's a substantial amount. We're looking at maybe an extra $60-70 a month (might as well be transparent about it) so, you know, if I take $40 of that and add it to the monthly grocery budget that will only leave me with an extra $20-30 a month. I know, not a lot to get excited about but in the long run, it has the potential to make a difference to either my savings or my credit card debt. I just have to decide.
Or I could just stop eating and throw it all at debt or savings. haha
So far, my grocery overages has been coming out of my "eating out" budget which has been okay since I haven't been eating out all that much recently. I didn't eat out at all last week...partially for health reasons and partially because I'd spent that week's budget on groceries, instead.
Anyway, I'm trying not to stress over it. I haven't even seen it in a paycheck yet so it's not like I have to make any real decisions now. And all the calculations I've done, while pretty on paper, don't account for LIFE which happens ALL the TIME and messes up my plans and calculations anyway.
Not a lot else has been going on with me. It's hot down here but I'm surviving. The family's all doing great(ish). Lyssa's getting taller by the day and Emmy is touring colleges and working this summer because *gulp* she's a high school senior next year! *cue the sobbing* Efan is getting gangly limbs, is finally starting to lose his baby teeth, and is learning all about cuss words from the boy across the street. smh
Work is going okay. I'm keeping busy in the lull of summer, trying to get a lot of things accomplished before all of our student assistants return in August. They're a big help but all the detail work I have to do in the stacks requires me to work around them when they're here, not to mention the constant interruptions from dealing with this one's questions, and that one's changing schedule, etc.
And that's pretty much it for me these days. Work. Finances. Health. Church. Family. AND LOTS of PRAYER!
Over the course of the month, I've lost 6lbs and 1 inch! Cue the party horns and balloon release. haha
My financial goals...well, I'm still on track but I've been overextending my grocery budget because surprise! healthy food is hella expensive. BUT, I recently got a small raise at work which goes into affect on the 15th so I can reexamine my grocery budget and maybe pad it a little to keep from creeping into or derailing my overall financial goals.
The hardest part, I'm realizing, is trying to decide what is the wisest thing to do with any extra money I come across. Gut instinct says to put it toward debt but then I second guess myself and think, you know, I might need to save that into my emergency fund so that I don't have to potentially use my credit card the next time I need car repairs or to buy gifts, etc. I think conventional thinking agrees with my gut and says "throw it at the debt" so...I'm waffling on that concept. While a small part of my little raise will definitely go towards my grocery budget (which for the past several months has been at $40-50 a week) the rest of that new extra money...I can't decide. Not that it's a substantial amount. We're looking at maybe an extra $60-70 a month (might as well be transparent about it) so, you know, if I take $40 of that and add it to the monthly grocery budget that will only leave me with an extra $20-30 a month. I know, not a lot to get excited about but in the long run, it has the potential to make a difference to either my savings or my credit card debt. I just have to decide.
Or I could just stop eating and throw it all at debt or savings. haha
So far, my grocery overages has been coming out of my "eating out" budget which has been okay since I haven't been eating out all that much recently. I didn't eat out at all last week...partially for health reasons and partially because I'd spent that week's budget on groceries, instead.
Anyway, I'm trying not to stress over it. I haven't even seen it in a paycheck yet so it's not like I have to make any real decisions now. And all the calculations I've done, while pretty on paper, don't account for LIFE which happens ALL the TIME and messes up my plans and calculations anyway.
Not a lot else has been going on with me. It's hot down here but I'm surviving. The family's all doing great(ish). Lyssa's getting taller by the day and Emmy is touring colleges and working this summer because *gulp* she's a high school senior next year! *cue the sobbing* Efan is getting gangly limbs, is finally starting to lose his baby teeth, and is learning all about cuss words from the boy across the street. smh
Work is going okay. I'm keeping busy in the lull of summer, trying to get a lot of things accomplished before all of our student assistants return in August. They're a big help but all the detail work I have to do in the stacks requires me to work around them when they're here, not to mention the constant interruptions from dealing with this one's questions, and that one's changing schedule, etc.
And that's pretty much it for me these days. Work. Finances. Health. Church. Family. AND LOTS of PRAYER!
Comments
Aunt B
Brenda