Middle Aged Teenager
I've been shaking up my wardrobe a bit lately. If you've been following my other blog I there's a bit about my wardrobe updates and body image and all that.
Today's ensemble was a casual Friday look that I wasn't all that sure about when I left the house because I'm used to looking like a baggy pants'd frump. I've discovered the power of jeggings, though, and the fact that more fitted clothing in either direction--top or bottom--is slimming. And jeggings are comfy, y'all.
I ended up getting a few compliments on the outfit and one person even went so far as to say I looked like a teenager. Pretty sure she was teasing me but, you know, I don't care. I feel young today so I'll totally take it.
For kicks, I took a pic in the full length bathroom mirror and sent it to Emmy for her thoughts. Asked her if I passed for a teenager. Her response was, "OMG You're so cute!" cry laughing emoji, heart emoji
So...was that "you're so cute" in the sense that I totally pass for a teenager? Or a "you're so cute" in the sense that I'm hilarious if I think I could pass for a teenager? I can't tell! LOL
Either way, I'm two pounds from a 30lb weight loss since June so I'm happy if I pass for a hilarious almost 40-year-old. ;-)
Today's ensemble was a casual Friday look that I wasn't all that sure about when I left the house because I'm used to looking like a baggy pants'd frump. I've discovered the power of jeggings, though, and the fact that more fitted clothing in either direction--top or bottom--is slimming. And jeggings are comfy, y'all.
I ended up getting a few compliments on the outfit and one person even went so far as to say I looked like a teenager. Pretty sure she was teasing me but, you know, I don't care. I feel young today so I'll totally take it.
For kicks, I took a pic in the full length bathroom mirror and sent it to Emmy for her thoughts. Asked her if I passed for a teenager. Her response was, "OMG You're so cute!" cry laughing emoji, heart emoji
So...was that "you're so cute" in the sense that I totally pass for a teenager? Or a "you're so cute" in the sense that I'm hilarious if I think I could pass for a teenager? I can't tell! LOL
Either way, I'm two pounds from a 30lb weight loss since June so I'm happy if I pass for a hilarious almost 40-year-old. ;-)
Comments