Thanksgiving
It's been a long time since I talked family stuff on here. A long time since I posted family pics. Just so happens, we took a few on Thanksgiving that I really want to share. For as much as I dreaded the day, I actually ended up really enjoying it! I don't know if I was different or if everyone else was or it was a combination of the two, but whatever it was, I'm thankful and hopeful that Christmas surprises me, too!
Behold, my family Thanksgiving:
Lunch was wrapping up and it was dessert convo time. I don't recall what Sis1 was saying but that's her with the expressive hand gestures.
This boy...oh my gosh, I just love him SO MUCH. I love all three of my nieces and nephews but this boy has my heart all clenched up in his little smart mouthed fist.
Can you even believe how tall they all are now? I mean...I'm getting so OLD! Emmy is two inches taller than me and you see how Lyssa is about an inch taller than Em's shoulder! (19, 11, and 9, respectively)
My Granny, y'all! She's 86 and still kicking butt. She has slowed down quite a bit the past couple of years but she's still sassy and still in charge of this nutty family.
As beautiful as Em is in this photo, I'm gonna be vain and just say it...I hardly even recognize myself in this pic! I mean, my face hasn't changed that much, but I almost look "regular fat" instead of "morbidly fat"! But also, how gorgeous is Emmy?
BIL had to miss the day's festivities due to some back problems and Goofus was taking this pic, so we're missing him, but this is us! Four generations. It's so rare that Daddy lets us do these types of photos we took advantage of his good mood...
The OG fam. Funny story on it, though...I had to lean in to get in the pic which meant my booty was sticking out a bit so I told Emmy, "Don't get my booty in there!" And she didn't! lol
I told my sisters they gonna need to grow a couple inches so I don't look like such a giant next to them. I mean, really. How'd they get so much shorter than me. I love this pic, though. We were all just so HAPPY that day. And I know it sounds weird to say it, but that hardly ever happens!
The whole weekend ended up being fun, though. We did our traditional trip to the flea market on Friday where I didn't buy a single thing but we had fun looking and giving each other a hard time. The Bama girls went home Saturday afternoon so I spent Saturday evening working on my tree. I got most of it done but I'll hafta finish it up tonight.
Aaaaaaand...I somehow managed to LOSE three pounds over the holiday weekend. Who even am I?
Behold, my family Thanksgiving:
Lunch was wrapping up and it was dessert convo time. I don't recall what Sis1 was saying but that's her with the expressive hand gestures.
This boy...oh my gosh, I just love him SO MUCH. I love all three of my nieces and nephews but this boy has my heart all clenched up in his little smart mouthed fist.
Can you even believe how tall they all are now? I mean...I'm getting so OLD! Emmy is two inches taller than me and you see how Lyssa is about an inch taller than Em's shoulder! (19, 11, and 9, respectively)
My Granny, y'all! She's 86 and still kicking butt. She has slowed down quite a bit the past couple of years but she's still sassy and still in charge of this nutty family.
As beautiful as Em is in this photo, I'm gonna be vain and just say it...I hardly even recognize myself in this pic! I mean, my face hasn't changed that much, but I almost look "regular fat" instead of "morbidly fat"! But also, how gorgeous is Emmy?
BIL had to miss the day's festivities due to some back problems and Goofus was taking this pic, so we're missing him, but this is us! Four generations. It's so rare that Daddy lets us do these types of photos we took advantage of his good mood...
The OG fam. Funny story on it, though...I had to lean in to get in the pic which meant my booty was sticking out a bit so I told Emmy, "Don't get my booty in there!" And she didn't! lol
I told my sisters they gonna need to grow a couple inches so I don't look like such a giant next to them. I mean, really. How'd they get so much shorter than me. I love this pic, though. We were all just so HAPPY that day. And I know it sounds weird to say it, but that hardly ever happens!
The whole weekend ended up being fun, though. We did our traditional trip to the flea market on Friday where I didn't buy a single thing but we had fun looking and giving each other a hard time. The Bama girls went home Saturday afternoon so I spent Saturday evening working on my tree. I got most of it done but I'll hafta finish it up tonight.
Aaaaaaand...I somehow managed to LOSE three pounds over the holiday weekend. Who even am I?
Comments