2018--Counting My Blessings

After the past several years of feeling bleak, dark, hopeless, and depressed, I think 2018 is going to go down in the books as my personal best year in forever. Sure, the world is still a mad place to live in and 2018 was jam packed with terrible events and depressing news BUT, on a personal level, 2018 was somewhat kind to me.

I got to travel to places I'd never been before...

New Orleans, Jan. 2018

Waco, TX, April 2018

Austin, TX 2018
I finally got my shit together and lost nearly 40 pounds. I don't even care that it took  prediabetes to scare me  into action. I feel stronger, healthier, and more  hopeful than I have in my entire life.


The "after" pic is about 10 pounds ago but you get the idea.

I got to witness "my" kids do awesome things.

Ethan took a few Karate trophies home this year.

The younger two participated in the Easter play at church.

Emmy attended Junior Prom with her sweet boyfriend of over a year.

Alyssa participated in her fifth or sixth (I've lost count!) dance recital.

I entered the last year of my thirties with both my parents still alive and kicking. I lost a grandfather but he's never really lost. I'll see him again someday.

Mama turned 66 this year and Daddy turned 65. Daddy's got some diabetes related health issues going on right now but he's a fighter. And he still gives the best daddy hugs. Here's praying for a healthier 2019 for both of them!
Libby turned 12!! And she's going great for a "senior" dog. She's sassy and full of herself.

I wish a hot guy would look at me the way Libby is looking at that cake! lol

I got to do plenty of fun things with my family...heck, I still HAVE my family.











I'm finally seeing the light of day on my credit card debts--one card paid off, one card should be paid off by June 2019, Lord willing!

I am blessed beyond measure.

I'm going into 2019 determined to get another 40lbs off, get a new roof on my house, buy a new car, stay on top of my health, give as much of myself to the ones I love, and finally finish this gol-darned behemoth project at work! The world may burn down around me, but by darn, I refuse to burn down with it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today