Life things (photo dump)

I've been absent a while, I know. Lots of mental health issues making it hard to write. Not that I don't want to write or share, just, writing it all out feels like whining. I know it isn't, exactly, but...you know. It's just hard to share. But I'm feeling stronger and better so trying to ease my way back into it all...

Anyway, since it's been a while, I thought I'd share my week/weekend in pictures. Nothing major happened, just mundane life stuff.

I'd cut a slice of pumpkin roll and set it on the side table while I responded to a text. Begging ensued.

The fog on my commute Wednesday morning wasn't playing around.
Wednesday night she had an arthritis flare-up and couldn't jump on the furniture. since she'd rather kill me than have me pick her up, I sat on my bedroom floor and watched tv so she could still snuggle me.

Fall temps finally came to visit us Friday and I sat outside during my break and enjoyed it with my coffee. 


By Friday night, she was feeling better and was proud to jump on the ottoman to snuggle my leg.

We went to the vet for her annual shots/check-up Saturday and came home with an antibiotic, some allergy pills, and a special shampoo for her itchy, infected skin allergy. I knew she'd been itchy and a little more stinky than usual but I hadn't realized the extent. Poor baby. Also got her heartworm preventative and an exclaimed, "She's got the healthiest sounding heart of any senior dog I've seen." We will keep an eye on her arthritis and the growth/tumor she's got growing on her shoulder but otherwise, she's good.

Milo enjoyed my brief visit to let him outside while the folks were gone for the day Saturday.

Chrissy, their more recent addition (adopted from my step-grandmother who is in assisted living), still doesn't like me much so she wouldn't have anything to do with me.

Windows open, apple crisp, Libby, coffee (not pictured) and a Twilight marathon was the perfect way to enjoy the much cooler weather Saturday.

Since the temps finally caught up with the calendar, I finally got around to switching from my spring/summer purse (the blue) to my  fall/winter purse (the brown). Anybody else a small purse carrier? I will never go back to carrying a big heavy purse of crap again. The things I thought I needed with me all the time are now either kept in my desk at work, or in my car. Everything I actually need with me all the time are in a small wallet purse. The only things not pictured that I stuff in there whenever I leave the house are my car/house keys and my sunglasses. The rest of it is as follows: change, lipstick/chapstick, drivers' license, work ID, gum, credit cards/gift cards, work keys, hand sanitizer, cash, insurance cards, receipts, a pen, and some fresh naps. I did clean out all of the receipts and either trashed or filed them.


And of course, my tires reacted to the sudden cooler temps so I had to add a bit of air. Thank God I was smart enough to invest in an air compressor years ago. That thing has certainly been worth well over the $20 I paid for it.

You can't really see it, but something got it's hide caught in the barbed wire a the back of my property (barbed wire fence owned and maintained by the owners of the property backing up to mine) and Libby had to conduct an investigation. Her results came back inconclusive, though, if I had to guess, I'm thinking coyote judging by the hair color and texture, and the fact that it looks like something scooted under the fence instead of climbing over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today