Giving Thanks and Deckin' Them Halls and all that Stuff

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We did the usual meal at Granny's. I wish I'd gotten a photo of her or with her but she wasn't feeling all that great and the day just kinda got away from us. Not to say that she was feeling bad, just, her knees were bothering her and she wasn't getting around all that great. She's actually in pretty great shape for 86. ;)

 We did get some pics outside with the rest of the fam. Fortunately, there were still some fall colors going on.

 Long time readers: Call y'all believe this is my Emmy? Ugh. She turned 20 earlier in November. TWENTY. No longer a teenager. She's officially a young adult. And what a beauty!


Traditional sister picture. I haven't really talked about it here but we went through a rough patch in the middle of 2019. Believe it or not, even though we are all in our 40's now, we went through some growing pains. Sis1 has been slowing pulling away from the family because she has a new mission/purpose in life and it sort of came to a head in June. Lots of hurt feelings and I'm sad to say, I said some really hurtful things. Through a lot of prayer (on my part, anyway. I can't speak for them) we've figured out a new way to be sisters and let go of the hurt. I've had to accept that being sisters just doesn't mean the same to Sis1 as it does to me and I made my peace with it.


This was me being a goof when Sis2 pulled us in front of her to hide.

This is me and Sis1 cutting up about not being comfortable being front and center. haha


We went to Tupelo for our annual trip to the flea market Friday, which I don't have any pics of. Saturday, though, I made myself get up and get the tree up and decorated. To be honest, I just haven't had a lot of energy lately. I don't know if my anemia is returning, or my thyroid is affecting me or if it's just me being a bum. I just feel tired all the time and sometimes just getting out of bed is a struggle. When I'm at home, it's all I can do to make myself get up and do usual chores like laundry so it was a real struggle to get the tree together. Doesn't help that Libby just wanted me to sit with her all day. haha

But I got it up and as I was snapping some picks of it, I made myself laugh when I realized I'd unintentionally placed the above ornaments that way. If you don't drive or don't drive in rural areas you may not get the joke, but hopefully you do. Needless to say, I left them positioned that way and crack myself up every time I pass the tree and spot it. 
Sunday I was lazy and skipped church. Again, I'm just so tired, it's a struggle to do things if I don't absolutely have to. So stayed home and watched movies and finished decorating the house in short bursts of "energy" (I made myself get up every couple of hours just to make myself move). The above shot was taken sometime Sunday afternoon when I was snuggled up with Libby and looked around the house and just felt such peace in my surroundings.

I will haft to share more pics later, but I'm really digging my decorations this year. I just feel so good about my home right now. It's cleaner than it's been in a long time and less cluttered and I am here for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today