Back To the Grind
I'm back at work after TWO WHOLE WEEKS off for Christmas break. I took three days personal leave to round it out to the two full weeks, but it was soooooo worth it.
I had a great break, y'all. Did the usual "baking day" with Sis2 and her kiddos. Went to see Frozen 2 and paint pottery. Took lots of naps. Ate lots of food. Went shopping. Got some really exciting news I can't quite share yet, but maybe one day next week. Had a really fun Christmas with my family and got some really thoughtful gifts. I DIDN'T cry or get depressed this year (I was too tired.) Did a lot of cooking and baking. Spent some quality time with Libby. Survived a tornado warning the Sunday after Christmas that thankfully never touched down in my area. Watched a LOT of YouTube (my latest obsession). I didn't gain more than five pounds and actually have some Christmas treats left that I haven't eaten.
All in all, it was a great, much needed break.
Back to the grind today, though. It's a rainy, yucky day. Threat of flash flooding and potential severe weather. AKA, perfect mood for returning to work. ;)
I don't have any new year's resolutions or goals for 2020. My main focus will remain on working towards a closer relationship with God and I know that that is really all I actually need. He's good to me all the time.
I know a lot of people claim 2019 was a dumpster fire and maybe in the broader world wide sense it was. But honestly? 2019 was pretty darn good to me. And even in times when it looked/ felt bleak, it worked together for good so I can't even complain.
Here's to making the most of the new year and new decade!
I had a great break, y'all. Did the usual "baking day" with Sis2 and her kiddos. Went to see Frozen 2 and paint pottery. Took lots of naps. Ate lots of food. Went shopping. Got some really exciting news I can't quite share yet, but maybe one day next week. Had a really fun Christmas with my family and got some really thoughtful gifts. I DIDN'T cry or get depressed this year (I was too tired.) Did a lot of cooking and baking. Spent some quality time with Libby. Survived a tornado warning the Sunday after Christmas that thankfully never touched down in my area. Watched a LOT of YouTube (my latest obsession). I didn't gain more than five pounds and actually have some Christmas treats left that I haven't eaten.
All in all, it was a great, much needed break.
Back to the grind today, though. It's a rainy, yucky day. Threat of flash flooding and potential severe weather. AKA, perfect mood for returning to work. ;)
I don't have any new year's resolutions or goals for 2020. My main focus will remain on working towards a closer relationship with God and I know that that is really all I actually need. He's good to me all the time.
I know a lot of people claim 2019 was a dumpster fire and maybe in the broader world wide sense it was. But honestly? 2019 was pretty darn good to me. And even in times when it looked/ felt bleak, it worked together for good so I can't even complain.
Here's to making the most of the new year and new decade!
Comments