Insult to Injury

As a follow up to yesterday's post...

To add insult to injury, Sis2 found out in a rather off-hand way last night that my dad's dog, Chrissy, who we had let our great aunt, G, adopt died WEEKS ago and nobody thought to tell us. I even explicitly asked yesterday if they needed anyone to take care of Chrissy while Aunt G was in the hospital and all I was told was that "everything is covered." Did everyone just think we wouldn't care to know she'd died? The only reason I didn't keep Chrissy with Milo was because she needed extensive one on one care and since my aunt is retired and stays at home most of the time I knew she could give that to her. I didn't give her away because I didn't care about her. And I already knew Chrissy was in bad health and also 18-years-old so I knew her time was short so it's not like I'm mad that she's dead. They shouldn't think they'd need to hide it from me. It just really, really hurt and pissed me off. Like, I loved Chrissy. I knew all her little quirks and have vivid memories of time spent with her and Daddy and how silly they were together. I deserved to know.

AND...AND...when I dropped off Granny's meds last night it came out in conversation that they had actually called MULTIPLE other people to tell them about Aunt G being in the hospital THE DAY SHE WAS ADMITTED. They called the pastors of their church, a distance cousin who they go to church with, and a few other people. But not us. Not her actual blood relatives who grew up loving her. No. I'm fully convinced they if Granny had not needed me to pick up her meds nobody would have thought to call us and let us know. 

Now I just want to walk away from all of them because honestly, I think it'd hurt less if I just stopped caring. 

And what really sucks is that no amount of medication can fix the heartbreak of losing an entire part of your life to the indifference of the people who you thought actually loved you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today